Hello, I'm Eve Tamme.
I advise on Climate Policy.
Bringing Clarity to Climate Policy
I started working on international and European climate policy in 2004 and I’ve spent most of my professional life as a policymaker.
Today, I run my own climate policy advisory, Climate Principles, where I help organisations make sense of policymaking processes, recent developments, and future outlook. I focus primarily on Carbon Markets, Carbon Removal and Carbon Capture.
Recent LinkedIn Posts
- How to include carbon removals in the EU ETS?
- Why is it important to get the rules on Carbon Removals right under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement?
- The World Resources Institute has just published an insightful report on technological Carbon Removal.
- The results of the EU 2040 Climate Target public consultation are out. What can we learn about Carbon Removal?
- Denmark continues with big steps by allocating 3.6 billion EUR for CCS
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- Eve Tamme on Paris Agreement Article 6 Markets and Implications for CDR by OpenAir, 26 September 2023.
- Carbon Unbound Europe by Unbound Summits, 3-4 October 2023.
- EU Industry Days. Session: Decarbonising with Carbon Capture and Storage: A Pathway to Green Transformation and Industrial Competitiveness by ZEP and Global CCS Institute. 5 October 2023.
- CCUS 2023: Springboard to Net Zero by CCSA. 17-18 October 2023.
- Eurogas Tech Conference European Gas Tech: CCUS, Pyrolysis and BECCS – Advantage EU? by Eurogas. Session: European Leadership in Bioenergy with carbon capture and storage and pyrolysis, 26 October 2023.
Recent Quotes in Media
- Carbon Pulse: PREVIEW: Observers welcome progress made on key texts ahead of crucial UN carbon market meeting, 8 Sept 2023 (paywall)
- Carbon Pulse: ANALYSIS: Experts cautious on calls for European carbon central bank, 31 Aug 2023 (paywall)
- Carbon Pulse: UN carbon crediting body targets end of August for draft removals guidance, 13 July 2023 (paywall)
- Cipher: The many ways of removing carbon from the air, 12 July 2023
- Carbon Pulse: ANALYSIS: UK sends “very strong signal” on removals in ETS reform paper, 5 July 2023 (paywall)
- Cipher: Why we need to remove carbon from the air, 5 July 2023
Recent posts - Inside Climate Policy blog
- What are the key considerations around including carbon dioxide removal in the EU Emissions Trading System (EU ETS)? Compared to a couple of years ago, the conversations have evolved from whether to bring in removals to how to do it in practice...Read More »
- The UN standard-setters are continuing their deliberations on removals under the Paris Agreement. The upcoming 5th meeting of the Article 6.4 Supervisory Body has a busy agenda and one particular document has captured the interest of stakeholders due to its unbalanced perspective on carbon removal. In response to numerous requests …Read More »
- March 2023 laid the groundwork for developing carbon removal methodologies under the EU Carbon Removal Certification and the Paris Agreement. The European Commission’s Carbon Removals Expert Group had its inaugural meeting, and the Article 6.4 Supervisory Body convened for its first session of the year. Whilst both groups were largely …Read More »
- 2023 is bound to have an outsized impact on the EU’s climate policy. The preparation done this year will lay the foundation for the new EU climate target, to be proposed in the spring of 2024. It will shape the policy landscape for the next 15 years. However, so far …Read More »
- The first engineered carbon removal projects that have received substantial public funding have emerged. Some of these projects are looking to stack this support with the proceeds from selling removal credits on the Voluntary Carbon Markets (VCM)..Read More »
Updates straight to your inbox.