Hello, I'm Eve Tamme.
I advise on Climate Policy.
Bringing Clarity to Climate Policy
I started working on international and European climate policy in 2004 and I’ve spent most of my professional life as a policymaker.
Today, I run my own climate policy advisory, Climate Principles, where I help organisations make sense of policymaking processes, recent developments, and future outlook. I focus primarily on Carbon Markets, Carbon Removal and Carbon Capture.
LinkedIn Top Voice
- The Article 6.4 Supervisory Body delivered recommendations on methodologies and removals – we’re ready for COP28!
- The controversies of carbon removal
- Convergence of voluntary and compliance carbon markets
- 102% year-on-year increase in carbon capture and storage pipeline
- Article 6.4 Supervisory Body’s 8th meeting – outcome for removals
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- COP 28 by the UNFCCC, EU-Side Event “Towards a Climate-Neutral Economy: The Role of Carbon Pricing in Moving the Industry Closer to Net-Zero by 2050” (speaking virtually), 9 December 2023.
- CDR policy: an outlook for 2024 straddling the pond by Carbon Gap (moderator), 17 January 2024.
- The CRCF trilogues and the Industrial Carbon Removal strategy: where are we headed? by ERCST, 8 February 2024.
Recent Quotes in Media
- FORESIGHT Climate & Energy: Watt Matters Podcast episode “Putting the “net” in net zero”, 22 November 2023
- Carbon Pulse: Article 6 body adopts inclusive carbon removals guidance, but pushes significant technical work to future, 17 Nov 2023 (paywall)
- The Ethical Corporation Magazine: Carbon removals briefing. Can the carbon removals market help rescue us from climate change? Oct 2023
- Reuters: Policy Watch: ‘We’re building the plane as we are flying it’ with carbon removals, 2 Oct 2023
- Carbon Pulse: EU’s carbon removal certification bill faces delays in Parliament over carbon farming, 20 Sept 2023 (paywall)
Recent posts - Inside Climate Policy blog
- There is a constant flux of carbon market size calculations and projections. This gets a lot of attention in the voluntary carbon markets, currently valued at around $2 billion and growing. Every now and then, the size of compliance carbon markets...Read More »
- What are the key considerations around including carbon dioxide removal in the EU Emissions Trading System (EU ETS)? Compared to a couple of years ago, the conversations have evolved from whether to bring in removals to how to do it in practice...Read More »
- The UN standard-setters are continuing their deliberations on removals under the Paris Agreement. The upcoming 5th meeting of the Article 6.4 Supervisory Body has a busy agenda and one particular document has captured the interest of stakeholders due to its unbalanced perspective on carbon removal. In response to numerous requests …Read More »
- March 2023 laid the groundwork for developing carbon removal methodologies under the EU Carbon Removal Certification and the Paris Agreement. The European Commission’s Carbon Removals Expert Group had its inaugural meeting, and the Article 6.4 Supervisory Body convened for its first session of the year. Whilst both groups were largely …Read More »
- 2023 is bound to have an outsized impact on the EU’s climate policy. The preparation done this year will lay the foundation for the new EU climate target, to be proposed in the spring of 2024. It will shape the policy landscape for the next 15 years. However, so far …Read More »
Updates straight to your inbox.