Hello, I'm Eve Tamme.
I advise on Climate Policy.
Bringing Clarity to Climate Policy
I started working on international and European climate policy in 2004 and I’ve spent most of my professional life as a policymaker.
Today, I run my own climate policy advisory, Climate Principles, where I help organisations make sense of policymaking processes, recent developments, and future outlook. I focus primarily on Carbon Markets, Carbon Removal and Carbon Capture.
LinkedIn Top Voice
- The EU has agreed on the world’s first carbon removal certification framework
- The EU’s 2040 Climate Target – context, scope and design
- The EU’s 2040 Climate Target Communication and Industrial Carbon Management Strategy are out!
- Who are the friends and foes of the EU’s Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism?
- A major new report on carbon removal
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
Recent Quotes in Media
- Carbon Pulse: FEATURE: Stakeholders call for clearer target on carbon removals and technology neutrality in EU, 8 February 2024 (paywall)
- Carbon Herald: EU Publishes Proposals For 2040 Emission Reduction Targets And Industrial Carbon Management, 8 February 2024
- Carbon Pulse: 8 TAKEAWAYS: Rocky road ahead for the EU’s 2040 targets and carbon management plan, 7 February 2024 (paywall)
- Forbes: Carbon Credit Buyer Preferences Are Rapidly Shifting, 7 February 2024
- POLITICO: The EU is trusting fossil fuel firms to help clean up the carbon, 6 February 2024
Recent posts - Inside Climate Policy blog
- The European Commission has published its vision for the EU’s 2040 climate target, including general recommendations for getting there. Let's have a closer look at some of the elements regarding the recommended target, notably its context, scope, design, and relevant processes that follow.Read More »
- This blog post explores the outcome of international climate negotiations at COP28 for carbon removal, carbon capture and carbon markets. When going into COP28, my eyes were on three agenda items that were most likely to provide further guidance on these topics — the first global stocktake, carbon markets under …Read More »
- There is a constant flux of carbon market size calculations and projections. This gets a lot of attention in the voluntary carbon markets, currently valued at around $2 billion and growing. Every now and then, the size of compliance carbon markets...Read More »
- What are the key considerations around including carbon dioxide removal in the EU Emissions Trading System (EU ETS)? Compared to a couple of years ago, the conversations have evolved from whether to bring in removals to how to do it in practice...Read More »
- The UN standard-setters are continuing their deliberations on removals under the Paris Agreement. The upcoming 5th meeting of the Article 6.4 Supervisory Body has a busy agenda and one particular document has captured the interest of stakeholders due to its unbalanced perspective on carbon removal. In response to numerous requests …Read More »
Updates straight to your inbox.